The Vineyard was first planted to Shiraz grapes in the 1800's serving the thriving River Boat trade. Being half way between Echuca and Barmah, Cape Horn was a convenient stopping spot for the river boats. The vineyard and winery evolved as a consequence. Cape Horn was also a popular picnic spot for day trippers from Echuca in the 1900's.
The property is now owned by Sue & Ian Harrison and the Vineyard has been re-established, with the planting of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Shiraz, Durif, Marsanne and Zinfandel vines.