Wine Preference Systems Pty. Ltd. trades as ‘Wine Preference Systems’, ‘WPS’ and ‘Wine Genius’ and (‘us, our, we, the Website’). Click here to view our contact details.
We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information we collect that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.
In order to provide you with services, answer your enquiries, deal with your requests or improve the services we offer, we may collect and process the following personal information about you:
Information, such as your username, email addresses, other contact details that you provide by filling in forms on the website and product preferences that you provide by using the websites online tools including the recommender engine. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the website as a Guest, subscribing to our Membership and using Wine Genius™. We may also ask you for personal information if you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the website.
- Details of your visits to the website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, as well as resources that you access.
- If you are a wine producer, your contact details and a winery profile.
If we do not collect this information from you, we may not be able to provide the services or assistance you have requested.
We may use personal information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide a better service, for instance, by automatically populating forms on the website by which you make enquiries of selected wine regions.
- To provide you with service information, products or services request from us.
- We may (1) use information held about you to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest and (2) share your information with our marketing partners and other third parties, so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do use this information in these ways, we will provide you with the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify changes to our service and remind you of your password and username.
- To ascertain, identify and record industry trends and forecasting.
WPS may disclose information held about you to the following types of organisations:
- Wine producers, wine tourism operator or providers of a product or service (“Marketing Partner”).
- Wine resellers or resellers of wine-related products or services.
- Third party suppliers who are engaged to provide you with goods or services on our behalf, so that they can meet your request for their goods or services.
- Third party suppliers of goods and services so that they can contact you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services. If we do disclose your personal information for this purpose, we will always give you the opportunity to request that your information not be disclosed for this purpose.
- Relevant public authorities, our legal representatives, or other concerned parties, in special situations where, either:
- We have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; or
- We believe, in good faith, that the law requires disclosure.
We also disclose contact details and other business information in association with listings or advertisements on the website.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to the website, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Data (including personal data) submitted by WPS’s customers and visitors to the websites may be held on servers located in Australia, or in the data centres of WPS’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. The purposes of transfer of data outside of Australia are the secure storage, back-up and retrieval of data. WPS has implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data intra-group, has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors and has implemented contractual arrangements intra-group and with its outsourced data processors in accordance with Privacy Act 1988. You give consent to the transfer of personal data on these terms and for the purposes described above.
WPS will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information updated.
Access can be gained to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
Cookies are data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies, which are industry standard, and are used by most websites, including our website, can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to, and use of, a site. WPS uses a session cookie that collects the following information:
- Login status.
- List Persistence to enable changing of screens without destruction of list content.
All cookies used by WPS are deleted at the end of the session, or at timeout limit (currently set at twenty-five minutes).
We provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to the website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
The subject matter (‘content’) on, and accessible from all Wine Preference Systems Pty Ltd (‘WPS’ and ‘Wine Genius’) administered Websites (‘website’) (including but not limited to www.winegenius.com and www.winepreferencesystems.com), and any other applicable publications and mobile applications is considered under WPS copyright© 2013.
Apart from ‘fair dealing’ permitted by the Copyright Act of 1968, WPS grants visitors to the site permission to download copyrighted material for private and non-commercial purposes only. No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written consent of WPS, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.
You may lawfully share content from WPS’ Websites by the following means:
1. Using any of the share icons located within the headers and footers of each page (Facebook., Twitter and Linked In), so long as the act of sharing has no commercial outcome.
2. Providing a back-link or the URL to the Websites; from which you have permission to disseminate content from; and
3. You may quote extracts from the website with attribution to ‘Wine Genius’ for non-commercial purposes. For the reproduction, or use of the websites’ copyright material beyond such use, express written permission must be obtained directly from WPS, or the relevant copyright owner. If permission is granted, it is subject to the requirement that the copyright owner’s name, and interest in the material, be acknowledged when the material is reproduced, and or quoted, in whole or in part. For the purpose of content reproduction through any publication medium, ‘Wine Genius’ will be attributed as the author of all content.
WPS has made every attempt to ensure that the accuracy of its content is up-to-date and accurate, however WPS does not provide any guarantees or warrantees regarding the accuracy of its content. Similarly, WPS accepts no liability, claim for losses or expenses, damages or negligence with relation to the accuracy, validity or reliability of its content. Additionally, WPS accepts no liability, claim for losses or expenses, damages or negligence with relation to information omitted from WPS’ websites.
Any breaches of copyright are considered serious and may be enforceable under Australian Federal and/or State law. Should you believe, or become aware that any content under WPS copyright has been unlawfully reproduced or disseminated, please contact WPS at [email protected].
ENTER YOUR PROMO or GIFT CODE HERE